RWB is seeking an Mechanical Engineer with 8+ years of experience to join our growing team! This is a full-time position based in our Dallas, TX office.
At RWB Consulting Engineers, we thrive on designing solutions for challenging problems. At RWB, you’ll work under our experienced leaders and gain valuable project experience alongside engineers that are just as motivated as you.
- Your responsibilities would include preparation of HVAC production drawings (beginning to end), redline drafting, use of AutoCAD and Revit, specification editing, submittal review, site visits/reviews, RFI responses and PCR reviews.
- You will be responsible for designing mechanical HVAC systems for a variety of project types, including education (K-12 and higher education), municipal, worship, office, medical, data centers, office/warehouse, high/low rise long term care facilities, food service facilities, retail and other commercial buildings.
- You will be interacting with clients, attending client meetings, reviewing mechanical documentation, managing others, and supervising/mentoring junior staff.
- You will be coordinating information across all disciplines to ensure deliverables are compliant with client expectations.
What We Are Looking For
Our ideal candidate will have 8+ years of experience designing mechanical systems for commercial buildings. We expect candidates to have experience with designing central plants (4-pipe and 2-pipe) utilizing chillers, boilers, & cooling towers, constant and variable flow pumping systems, constant and variable flow air handling units, temperature control & energy management systems, piping systems, ductwork systems, variable air volume terminal units, ground source heat pump systems, water chemical treatment systems, packaged chillers, packaged roof top A/C units and split direct expansion A/C unit systems.
- Candidates for this role must have their EIT. Having a P.E. license in Texas is a plus.
- You must be able to identify applicable codes in project-specific jurisdictions.
- Experience in AutoCAD and Revit MEP.
- Experience with energy modeling is a plus.
- Familiarity with plumbing design and electrical systems is a plus.
- Experience with industry standard software, including Microsoft products, COMcheck, and HVAC load calculation programs such as Carrier HAP, Trane Trace, and/or eQuest.
- Involvement with American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) or Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) is a plus.
Employees that succeed at RWB thrive in a fast-paced team environment. Our team members are capable of handling multiple projects, including managing the tasks and deadlines to bring each to completion. Our team has excellent written and verbal communication skills. RWB engineers love a good design challenge!
Working for RWB
All our openings are based in Dallas, TX. Competitive benefits package includes employee health / vision / dental / life insurance, Simple IRA with matching options, and performance bonuses. Learn more about what it’s like to work for us by visit our website at rwb.net.
Interested? Great. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Mechanical Engineer”.